I’m proud to announce that we now have an integrated helpdesk for SPBAS!
No more back and forth between the 3rd party helpdesk and SPBAS, now your data is only a click away. Using the integrated desk will save you time and money. Not to mention, no more dual logins for your customers.
Let’s face it, the software business is all about customer support. Providing quality support in a timely manner will give customers confidence in choosing you over your competition. With the release of SPBAS v1.8 you now have a competitive advantage. The helpdesk is included with every SPBAS license at no extra cost.
Quick Tour Screencast
Feature Complete Helpdesk
We’ve made the helpdesk very feature complete while leaving out the clutter that a standalone helpdesk can sometimes bring. Here are only a few of the main features the new helpdesk has to offer:
- Multiple departments & staff assignments
- Optionally, force tickets to be created from the customer area (per department)
- Assign departments to multiple storefronts
- IMAP based e-mail import
- Create/reply to tickets from the SPBAS admin interface or your e-mail client
- Auto-complete search for tickets & replies
- Tickets grouped by status: “New”, “Open”, “Closed” and “My Tickets”
- Ability to quote the last reply on a new reply
- Auto-inserted signatures per staff member
- Multiple attachments per reply
- Quick links bar per ticket: view customer/user, add invoices, add packages, change passwords, etc.
- Change the subject of a ticket
- Assign the ticket to a specific staff member
- Ability to change the ticket department & the ticket priority
- Automatic e-mail flood protection to catch e-mail loops
- Add notes per ticket
- Quick stats showing packages w/ expiration dates, total tickets opened per user/customer and an audit log
- Support history tab to quickly switch between tickets a customer/user has opened in the past
- Create and assign support packages to price tiers. (e.g. 6 month support access)
- Require non-expired support package for new ticket creation (per department)
- Offer paid renewal options for expired support packages before a ticket can be created
- Integrated in the SPBAS customer area
- Customer can view open & closed tickets or start a new ticket
- Tickets can be created from the customer area or direct e-mail to the department address
- Customer can purchase support renewals for expired packages
- Standalone contact form assigned to a specific department
Be sure to check out docs/Quick_Start_Guide.txt, section 8 specifically. It’s a guide to configuring helpdesk.
What a busy four weeks it’s been since our last release. I’ve worked long hours to make the helpdesk a reality so I really hope you guys find it useful. We switched over last week and so far it’s been great. Well worth the time investment, I hope you will agree! Please be sure to let people know about SPBAS if you find it useful.
Also, hang on tight guys, this next release will knock you out of your chair. Great things to come.
Let me know what you think in the comments.